301 Smart Answers to Tough Business, a new book by Vicky Oliver











301 Smart Answers to Tough Business,
a new book by Vicky Oliver, a career consultant, offers tips on everything from cubicle conduct to e-mail etiquete.

Read the book review on forbes.com:

Business Basics
The New Rules Of Business Etiquette
Susan Adams
Respect your colleagues' cubicle boundaries, and do not e-mail at midnight.

A couple of months ago, I was coming from a midday yoga class at the office gym when I ran into my new top boss at the elevator. "How are things?" he asked. Fresh from blissing out in corpse pose, I blurted, "It's August. I'm having trouble focusing."
"I never have that problem," he shot back, frowning. Argh, I said to myself. Couldn't I have said something better than that?

Office etiquette can be tricky in these days of in-house exercising, informal digital communication and open-plan workspaces. For help on figuring out how to behave properly, a new book by Vicky Oliver, a career consultant, offers tips on everything from cubicle conduct to e-mail etiquette. 301 Smart Answers to Tough Business Etiquette Questions also covers 21st-century table manners (they're not that different from in the olden days) and what to do when seated between two bores at a business dinner (divide your time between them).

Read this article @ forbes.com

Comments

Popular Posts